Forever Young Active Aging Program
Our Forever Young Active Aging Program (Community Outreach) was created as the result of years of experience in working with seniors in a variety of settings including Retirement Homes, Long Term Care Homes and Home Care. The Program's content and context thereof is the fruit of our being able to work closely with variety of care givers that have an unwavering commitment to Elder Care.
The Forever Young Active Aging Program provides the following benefits to seniors who live in a Retirement Home community or who continue to live independent lives in their own home:
- Researched Falls Prevention and Recovery Program (Developed by Family Physiotherapy Centre and its Clinical Advisory Board which is comprised of members who work with seniors and Researchers)
- One on One Programs of Care which include program of care for stroke survivors, dementia and Alzheimer patients, cancer patients, osteoporosis patients and Parkinson patients.
- Core Strength Development
- Cardio Exercises which promotes vitality and overall good health
- Group Activities (Exercise)
The Forever Young Active Aging Program is available to senior's at large through our Community Outreach Program which is currently available at:
- Family Physio's Forever Young Active Aging Studio is located in the Westgate Shopping Centre (Designated Physiotherapy Clinic).
- Family Physio's Bank Street Wellness Centre.
Please Note: Participants in the Forever Young Active Aging Program are required to secure a Doctor's Referral to actuate OHIP coverage and are subject to a Physiotherapy Initial Assessment. Furthermore, participants will be scored based on quarterly Outcome Measures which are measured against the initial baseline findings as prescribed for in the Initial Assessment. This Quarterly Re-Assessment as is the Initial Assessment is completed by a Physiotherapist. Group Classes are delivered by Physiotherapists, Kinesiologists and properly accredited Physiotherapy Assistants.
The Forever Young Active Aging Program is an extension of our Home Care programming whereby in lieu of delivering expensive fee for service physio and fitness programming to seniors in isolation of their Home, we invite seniors to participate in this publicly funded program in a group setting. Seniors who participate in our program at our Westgate Mall and Bank Street location can qualify for OHIP coverage. Please call us for details.